Friday 19 July 2013

SF13 Guest Blogger - Leah Byrne


Hello!

My name is Leah Byrne, I'm 16 years old, from Scotstoun, Glasgow.

I've been involved with Scottish Youth Theatre since 2008 and this year I'm taking part in the 5-week Performance and Production Course.

I’m in the cast of Mary Queen Of Scots Got Her Head Chopped Off and I’m playing the part of Mary.

The best thing about Summer Festival is meeting new people. Everyone here is really interesting, talented and friendly. It’s great to work on a new show and feel really proud performing it at the end.

I've managed to fundraise a large percentage of my course fees by selling things online, baking and saving my own money. My parents also helped me.

In the movie of my life, I’d like Emma Stone to play me.


Tickets for SF13 shows "Mary Queen Of Scots Got Her Head Chopped Off" and "Now's The Hour" are now on sale. 6-10 August. To book please call 0141 552 4267 or visit our website.